Monday, March 19, 2007

Part 3


After heading back from camping, I was still not satisfied for the week and wanted to get one more day in before I flew to Dallas and Austin for the weekend. The weather was cooperating so I headed out for a day trip.

The river I went to has a great stretch that runs right through a town. The urban setting is not the most aesthetic background scene, but the fishing is very good, and I was there for the fish. After setting up my rig, I went down to a stretch just below a bridge with some nice riffles and fast water. After my 3rd or 4th cast I was into a nice little Rainbow. I caught a couple others and other fishermen were catching fish as well.

Besides catching fish, the best sight to see were caddis flying all around. It was the first real hatch I had seen since November, and was a welcome sight. I knew it had been a very long winter when I saw a fish rise and actually said out loud, "Holy shit."


I can't wait for consistent warm weather which is right around the corner, I think. Wyoming is creeping up, and I am just trying to get out when I can to tide me over until the real fun begins this summer. A weekend camping trip should be coming up in a few weeks, so looks like it's just writing and tying flies until then.

No comments: