Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Set the Hook!

Do any of you have that one friend that always seems to lose more fish than other people?

I think we all do. If you don't, you're probably him.

This person is probably a pretty good angler, because if he loses a lot of fish, that means he's probably hooking up with a lot as well. I don't know why certain people have trouble landing their fish, and others don't. Do they hold the line too tightly? Let the rod tip drop? Pull too hard and pop the tippet? Maybe all of those, maybe none.

All I do know is that this makes my angling experience that much more amusing, and frustrating. You know this guy probably beats himself up over losing these fish on a regular basis, which is comical. At the same time, you tell yourself, "If I was hooking up with this many fish I would have netted so many by now!" That is the frustrating part. This guy seems to have it down more than you do on a lot of occasions, but always seems to drop the ball because he can't set the hook when you know you would have been rippin' lips before you lost that fish you had been working for half an hour.

1 comment:

Sir Jackson said...

"I PITTY THE FOOL!"..........
No really, I can't stand those assholes that get so lucky with so many incredible opportunities and can't set shit!